Minty Chicken and Apple Salad
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup non-fat, plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. Chipotle pepper powder
- ½ Cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 2 Green apples sliced, without seeds
- 2 tbsp. of Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Marinade breasts of chicken with cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Let stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- In a pan with a little oil, brown the chicken breasts and pass them to a baking pan. Finish cooking in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts.
- For the chicken sauce: in a bowl, mix yogurt, fresh mint, pepper and a pinch of salt. Set apart in the fridge.
- In a bowl mix, Apple Cider vinegar, the olive oil, parsley, pepper and Dijon mustard. Add the apple slices.
- For the presentation, place a bed of lettuce, add apple salad and place chicken breasts cut into slices on top.
- Pour the sauce of yogurt and Mint over chicken breasts.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.