- ½ head of white cabbage.
- Two large white onions.
- 4 celery bars.
- 1 red bell pepper.
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper.
- 4 tomatoes.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- ½ cup of flat leaf parsley.
- 1 Qt. Organic chicken stock (you can make your own).
- ½ gal. water.
- 1 tsp. mustard.
- ½ tsp. cumin.
- ½ Tbsp. herbs, optional (bay leaves, thyme, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 slices of bacon cut into ½ in chunks (optional, only if you are on the BC guide)
- Cut the cabbage, one onion, celery and bell peppers into thin slices and chop the parsley. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot heat the bacon until golden (if you are not following the BC guide, skip to step 3).
- Blend the tomatoes, one onion and garlic with 2 cups of water and pour into pot. Boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until all the vegetables are tender.