- 1 package of dry lentils. (1lb. or 454gr.)
- 1 large, white onion.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cups of fat-free chicken broth.
- 1 tsp. mustard.
- ½ tsp. cumin.
- ½ tsp. thyme.
- 2 bay leaves.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash lentils and pour them in a pot with three times more water than lentils, add one garlic clove cut in half and one half of the onion cut in big chunks so you can remove them later. Cook until lentils are soft.
- Blend the other half of onion, two garlic cloves, tomatoes and two cups of chicken broth.
In another pot, pour the tomato sauce, add mustard, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Let boil lightly (until sauce changes color)
- Add lentils trying to remove the chunks of onion you cook them with. Let simmer for another 5 minutes. You can add more chicken broth or water if you like it soupier. Enjoy!
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.