Low-Carb, Thanksgiving Stuffing.
- 12 oz of turkey or pork sausage, crumbled.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sausage in a large saute pan, breaking it up into small pieces. Add the onions and celery to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for about 8 minutes. You want it to brown and caramelize a bit, so don’t stir too often. Add the white wine and cook on medium heat until no liquid remains in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the walnuts and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and sage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(recipe borrowed from ibreatheimhungry.com)
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.