Quinoa and Vegetables Stew
- 1 cup of white quinoa, raw.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 zucchini, cut in small chunks.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in small chunks.
- ½ cup of red onion, chopped.
- 1 Portobello mushroom, cut in small chunks.
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp. olive oil.
- 1 pinch of thyme.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash quinoa in a colander under running water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover, then let simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Set apart.
- In a different pot, heat oil with garlic, then add onion and let cook until golden.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper.
When all the vegetables are cooked, add quinoa and mix.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.