- 2 lbs. small, fresh shrimp. (peeled, and deveined)
- 1 red onion. Cut in fine half slices.
- Salt to taste.
- 15 key limes.
- Black pepper to taste
- Ground arbol pepper
- Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 Cucumbers cut in fine half slices.
- 3 green, fresh serrano peppers.
- 1 garlic clove.
- Rinse the shrimp with purified water and drain. Place them in a bowl and bathe them with the juice of 10 key limes. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, to tame the taste of the onion: Heat some water to boil, remove from heat, add sliced onion. Let soak for 10 minutes, drain water and place onion in a bowl, bathe with the juice of 3 key limes and a pinch of salt and mix.
- When shrimp is marinated, drain, saving the juice for sauce.
- Place shrimp on a deep serving tray. Season with salt, black pepper, ground arbol pepper and some Worcestershire sauce. Add tamed onion and cucumbers.
- Add the juice of 2 key limes, salt and ground pepper.
- In a blender, mix the serrano peppers, garlic and the juice from the shrimp marinade. Drain and pour over the rest of the ingredients. Mix and let rest for 15 minutes in the fridge to allow all flavors to come together.