Tabbouleh-Style Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup of white quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cucumber cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the two cups of water with the cup of quinoa. Once it boils, lower the heat and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft (12 min. Approximately). Remove from heat, let stand 1 minute and fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, mix all ingredients in a salad bowl.
- It can be enjoyed by itself or in lettuce wraps.
- See More Recipes
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.