- 8 thick fish fillets, washed and dried
- 1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 kg of tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (see note)
1 Red bell pepper, deveined and seeded
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup tomato purée
1 tsp of powdered fish bouillon
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp salt
Pepper, to taste
2 Bay leaves
½ tsp dried oregano
2 tsp of capers, rinsed and drained
1 bar (90 grams) of butter
4 Canned, yellow or jalapeno peppers
- Preparation: 35 min | Cooking time: 25 min
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and mix the onion and garlic. Add tomatoes and cook until it boils. Add the tomato purée and bell pepper and let the mixture boil again.
- Incorporate the fish bouillon, cinnamon, salt, pepper, bay leaves and oregano. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add olives and capers and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC or 350oF. Grease a large rectangular pan
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the fish and fry it until is it slightly golden, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Put the fish fillets to the greased pan and bathe them with the sauce. Then cover it with aluminum foil and Bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes.