Zucchini Boats Stuffed with Ground Meat
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 lb. ground beef.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage.
- 2 small onions.
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1 egg.
- 1 cup of pork rinds finely crushed.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves.
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven at 350º F (175º C)
- Grease a 13×9 in. Baking dish.
- Cut zucchinis in halves lengthwise and scoop out seeds with spoon leaving a ¼ inch wall. Save about ¾ of the seeds and discard of the rest.
- In a big bowl beat the egg with a fork, add the meat, sausage, the seeds you saved, one of the onions finely chopped, the garlic, pork rinds, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and cook the remaining onion cut in slices until golden. Set aside.
- Stuff each zucchini half with the mix, add a little bit of the onions and 4 halves of cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the meat is cooked, Remove from oven and sprinkle some fresh parsley for decoration. Serve hot.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.