Fish Tacos without Tortilla
- 1 lb. tilapia (or white fish of your preference) cut into 1-ounce strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter Flavor Pam spray
- 6 leaves of collard greens
- 1 cup leaves of fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
- 2 limes cut into wedges, for garnish.
For the Pink Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream (or fat free, plain yogurt if in BC1 food guide)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotles in adobo, plus 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce
- ½ lemon, juiced.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Picture borrowed from: http://www.bemindfulbehuman.com
Step 1 Directions
Remove steam from the collard greens trying to leave the leaf as whole as possible.
Step 2 Pink Sauce
Put the chipotles in a blender and puree until smooth.
Step 3 Pink Sauce
Add the sour cream (or yogurt), mayonnaise, adobo sauce from the can of chipotles and lemon juice and blend until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 4 Fish
Sprinkle salt and pepper to all sides of the fish strips
Step 5 Fish
Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat, spray with pam and place the fish strips. Move around to make sure they don’t stick to the pan. Cook on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes each side. Make sure not to overcook the fish. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 6 Making the Tacos
Top each collard green leaf with a little bit of each fish, red onion, tomato, cilantro leaves, chives, pink sauce and a few drops of lime juice. Enjoy!
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.