Low-Carb Taco Salad
- 1 ½ lbs. Low fat ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ White onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. of cumin
- ¼ tsp. of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ½ cup of red salsa
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 Tbsps. Shredded Cotija cheese.
- 1 head of Roman lettuce, chopped.
- ½ Red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Heat the oil in a pan, saute garlic and white onion, add the meat, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until meat is Brown. Drain excess fat.
In a bowl, mix lettuce red onion, bell pepper and cucumber.
Make the dressing: in a blender, mix sour cream, salsa, salt and pepper.
To serve: on each plate place salad, add meat, sprinkle some cilantro and cheese and pour some dressing. Serves 4.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.