Quinoa and Vegetables Stew
- 1 cup of white quinoa, raw.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 zucchini, cut in small chunks.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in small chunks.
- ½ cup of red onion, chopped.
- 1 Portobello mushroom, cut in small chunks.
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp. olive oil.
- 1 pinch of thyme.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash quinoa in a colander under running water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover, then let simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Set apart.
In a different pot, heat oil with garlic, then add onion and let cook until golden.
Add the rest of the vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper.
When all the vegetables are cooked, add quinoa and mix.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.