Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
- 1lb. fresh shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined.
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 1 ½ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil.
- ½ guajillo pepper, chopped; or ½ tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter.
- 1/3 cup of fresh leaves of Italian parsley, chopped.
- Water, as needed.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the shrimp and salt to taste until shrimp slightly change color (about 2 minutes).
Add the garlic and peppers and stir for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, butter and half of the parsley.
Lower the heat and cook until a thick sauce is formed and the shrimp are cooked through (Approximately 2-3 minutes).
Remove shrimp and let the butter sauce simmer a little longer adding a tablespoon of water at a time if it’s too thick (About 2 minutes). Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Serve shrimp bathed with sauce and sprinkle a little of the remaining parsley.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.