Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1lb. ground meat (it can be beef or turkey breast depending on your food guide).
- 4 Bell Peppers.
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms finely chopped.
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion.
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil. (Or spray)
- ¾ cup of Parmesan (or Part Skim
- Mozzarella) cheese, shredded.
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 º F or 175 º C. Grease a 9×13 inches baking dish.
In a skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes with olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper. Add ground beef and heat until no longer pink.
Meanwhile, remove the top of the peppers (cut a circle around the top). Place them in a covered dish with two tablespoons of water and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Place the peppers in greased baking dish, fill with meat mixture, cover with cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until filling is hot and cheese is melted.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.